Wisconsin firm fined $119,000 for Arc Flash Incident

OSHA plans a fine of $119,000 for a Wisconsin firm after a worker was severely burned by an arc flash last June. The citation says Pure Power Technologies willfully failed to ensure the employee was using proper protective equipment (PPE) while working on a 480-volt circuit breaker while the cover was removed. While PPE is a critical element of electrical safety in the workplace, Mark Mitchell of Mitchell & Lindsey says it is not enough. “In this case, the company was cited for the employee’s failure to use PPE,” said Mitchell. “However, experience shows that PPE alone is not sufficient protection against the dangers of arc flash. There are many other steps that can and should be taken to properly protect those working highly charged electrical equipment.” View the full text of the OSHA news release…

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply